Your Annual Benefit Statement is a yearly statement detailing the value of your pension benefits at 31 March each year. This is an important document which allows you to see how your pension is growing each year.
Your 2017 statement, for membership to 31 March 2017, were issued online by 31 August 2017.
Please note that active members of the LGPS will not be issued with a paper copy of your benefit statement. Instead, your benefit statement will be available online from 31 August and you will need to log on to Member Self Service to view your statement.
If you have not already registered to use Member Self Service, you can do so in 3 simple steps by clicking on the following link:
1. Click ‘Sign Up’ and complete the requested details to request an activation key.
2. Once you have received your activation key, complete your registration by returning to the Member Self Service homepage, click on ‘Complete your registration’ and follow the instructions on screen.
3. Enter your username and password to log in for the first time.
To find out more about what services are available on Member Self Service please visit our dedicated Member Self Service Page.
About Your Statement
Your statement will provide you with the value of your pension benefits at 31 March. This will include:
- Summary of your total Pension Benefits.
- Value of your Career Average (CARE) pension benefits and how this has grown over the last year.
- Details of any Final Salary pension benefits you may have.
- Value of Death in Service and Survivors benefits that may be paid in the event of your death.
- Projection of potential future benefits assuming you remain in the scheme until your normal pension age.
Notes are available to explain each section of your statement. These should be read alongside your statement. Just look for the ‘Help’ icon in the top corner of each section on the statement.
Other resources are available on this page, to help you understand the information your statement contains.
In particular we recommend you read the guidance notes below before contacting us, as we receive a large number of queries at this time of year and this may be the quickest way to resolve your query.
Should you need to contact us regarding your statement, we would be grateful if you would do so in writing either by email or by post:
Postal Address: LGSS Pensions, One Angel Square, 4 Angel Street, Northampton NN1 1ED.
Annual Benefit Statements guidance notes by section: