Northamptonshire Local Pension Board
Local Government Pension Scheme
Local Pension Board
Julie Petrie (appointed December 2018)
Kevin Standishday (reappointed May 2021)
Alicia Bruce (appointed September 2021)
Katy Downes (appointed September 2021)
Councillor Andrew Weatherill (appointed April 2022)
How are members recruited to the board?
What does the local pension board do?
The role of the Local Pension Board is to assist the administering authority (West Northamptonshire Council) in its role as scheme manager of the Northamptonshire Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS). This covers all aspects of governance and administration of the LGPS, including funding and investments. The Local Pension Board’s responsibilities are:
- To assist the administering authority in securing compliance with:
- the Principal Regulations 2013;
- other legislation relating to the governance and administration of the LGPS; and
- the requirements imposed by the Pensions Regulator in relation to the LGPS; and
- To ensure the effective and efficient governance and administration of the LGPS.
The terms of reference for the Local Pension Board are set out in the Council’s constitution.
Reports, policies and strategies
Please see Northamptonshire’s governance documents.